Sunday, May 15, 2011

'30' things by '30'

Here is my 30 things to do before I'm 30 list. Some I've wanted to do for so long but just have never found the time to do them. A few I'm deathly afraid of so I'll leave those on the back burner for a little bit. Most of all I'm just happy to someday say been there done that!


  1. Read Book Of Mormon (cover to cover)
  2. Run 5K. (33min 47 sec.)
  3. Attend General Conference in Salt Lake.  
  4. Try to learn the new functions on our new camera.
  5. Memorize Articles of Faith 
  6. Hike Mt. Ogden (with Jason of course)
  7. Live temple session 
  8. Take swimming lessons
  9. Visit 5 National parks 
  10. Visit Sacred Grove
  11. Use passport 
  12. Memorize 2011 Primary program song 
  13. Have daily morning prayer
  14. Go to Washington DC
  15. Write 10 letters 
  16. Take a photo class with Jason
  17. Visit 5 church historical sites
  18. Visit a few US historical sites
  19. Go on a trip with friends
  20. Camping in Moab (Moab trip with Jason)
  21. Use trailer at least 2 times this summer 
  22. Write a journal entry every month 
  23. Enjoy every minute Jason and I spend down in Moab together this summer
  24. Call and talk to sister more often
  25. Play and teach the kids new games
  26. Have mini dates with Madison and Korbin
  27. Slow down and take the extra 5 seconds it would take to really listen to the kids :)
  28. Go on monthly dates with Jason
  29. Do or get something nice for myself once a week month
  30. Catch up to friends who are 30 and be in the same age category as most of them. Perhaps the teasing will slow down then again maybe not!

7 comments:

Malinda said...

You are going to have a buzy year! So, will we be in the same "age category"? (at least for 3 years until I turn 40?) :)

behoxer said...

I like the list!

dcscrivy said...

Can I take swim lessons with you? I only dog paddle.

Claudy said...

Malinda,
Hahaha! Yup 3 years, you just wait.

Crystal,
I'll take your dog paddle. You have a great dog paddle. I've heard stories.
We (Amanda, April & myself) are getting semi private swimming lessons for cheap. There's room for one more if you want to join :).

amity said...

i love the list!! it has been fun to make my list and try to accomplish the things on it!! i had no idea that you didn't know how to swim. i kinda feel left out of the presidency loop on the whole swim thing. but i already know how to swim so really i can't imagine taking lessons. maybe i will have to come and watch and cheer you guys on!! good luck!

p.s. we should go on a campout this summer!! it would take care of two items on your list, #19 and 21. if we went to moab it would take care of 3!!!

Claudy said...

Amity,
You better come cheer me on! To be honest this is one thing I would to trade you for in a heartbeat (not being able to swim is not something you tell the whole world). The whole swimming thing was an accident (to be honest I was surprised when April asked to join, the look I gave her would probably prove it). I can kinda stay afloat but if I'm dead tired I can't, that's where the life jacket has come into play, I panic if I know I don't have one on :).
Moab sound great!
Now how do you feel about running a 5K? 3.2 miles isn't bad. We've done it before not running but something in between a walk/run/jog :).

amity said...

maybe on the 5k? i really should do something like this.