I've decided to start riding my bike over to the kids school for work on nice days. My first day was Thursday of last week. It was fun getting there but once I got there I wasn't really excited about the bike ride back. After debating I decided I would hitch a ride with a friend and catch up with the kids and walk home with them the rest of the way. Something I haven't done in a long time. I forgot how much the kids and I connect (if this is the right word to use) during these walks. We laughed and talked the entire time. On our way home a nice old lady told us about the goats in a retention pond nearby. The kids really wanted to go see the goats so we took a little side trip and checked them out.

We got lucky and the guy from the city was there and let us go in and pet the goats and hang out for a minute. The kids loved every minute of it!

2 comments:
it is totally impressive that you are riding your bike to work!! we are completely entertained by the goats also. i think my kids go up there on a daily basis!! the kids (the baby goats, not my kids) are so cute. but i am sure glad they are there and not in my yard. p.s. i am totally impressed that you had your camera on you when you were walking home with the kids.
You are such a nice mom, I want to be like you. And happy birthday, (I am a terrible friend) I am glad you had a great day. Too bad I moved, or I could go for a run with you and try out those new shoes.
Post a Comment