Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Korbin's birthday

Korbin is 10 years old today! Time flies so fast. It seems like only yesterday Jason and I were at the hospital with a 9 pound 11 1/2 oz baby. 
This morning Korbin woke up to breakfast in bed just like he asked for last night.  It had to be a small bowl of cereal because I was taking him out to breakfast after Madison got picked up for carpool. We went to IHOP. It was nice just hanging out together in an empty restaurant. Afterwards we went and bought birthday treats for him to share with his classmates. Then it was time to go to school and learn. We got lucky and he didn't miss any of his CORE testing. Phew! 
After school I picked the kids up. He was so exited and told me how it was weird and cool that so many people remembered his birthday. He's a funny kid. Sometimes I think he's not as laid back as he seems and does pay attention to small little things. Today at soccer practice his team sang to him. He liked it a lot. Madison and I did final touches on the birthday preparations while him and Jason were gone. We ran short on time so we recruited G-ma Cheryl for help. 
The dinner menu for the night was a 3 meat pizza from Little Caesars. He really likes it! 

Afterwards he opened presents (he had already opened a few at Easter). All he wanted when asked were Lego's for his birthday. He didn't just get Lego's but was very happy with a variety of presents. I did manage to throw one more Lego set on his birthday cake.:)
After some gift opening we ate lots of cake. 
And now for the rest of the night Korbin is happily playing with Madison building his new Lego sets upstairs and will more than likely be content until it's bedtime. My only wish now is for his Lego sets to stay together and not mixed all together in one big container. :)

2 comments:

Malinda said...

If he had a good scout leader, she would have had his den sing Happy Birthday to him at scouts yesterday. And, she would have said Happy Birthday when she saw him after school today. Too bad his sucks. :)

So, a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Korbin. It looks like he had a fun day.

Celeste Ferguson said...

Great idea for his cake!! I may have to steal that idea!! :)
Happy Birthday, Korbin! My boys really look up to him--he's a great kid!