Korbin was able to be a part of a children's choir who sang during the Saturday afternoon session of the 181st LDS General Conference. What a special opportunity for him to have and for his testimony to grow in the gospel from this experience.
For two months Korbin attended rehearsals on Sunday afternoons at a nearby stake center to get ready for it. The chorister for this choir was Sis.Vanja Watkins. She is an amazing chorister who has written songs that can be found in the children's songbook and hymn book. Korbin only struggled memorizing two songs (Praise to the Man and another song). After the first rehearsal Korbin came home excited and told us a little bit about what they did.
A few nights before conference weekend you could see the thrill all over Korbin's face when we or he would mention what he would be a part of.
The picture above was a souvenir that was given to him at the end of the performance. It was taken in the conference center on Saturday September 24th during a dress rehearsal. It was amazing and fun to see all the prep work that goes into each conference. I drove a carpool down to Salt Lake for the rehearsal very early in the morning. There was a girl in our carpool and Korbin was very chatty with her. She's very nice and Korbin got along with her really well. I never see this side of Korbin so it was fun to see. Jason and Madison drove down separately and were able to watch most of the rehearsal before having to head back home to make it to Madison's soccer game.
Each participant of the choir received one ticket to go to the Saturday session they would be singing in. Jason and Madison stayed home and watched Korbin on TV while Grandma Eckardt and I went to Salt Lake together. I was lucky and got an extra ticket from a friend. We left home a bit early. We arrived in Salt Lake not long after the morning session got out. Carol was amazing and routed me around Salt Lake with ease and we entered the conference center about an hour before the session started. Jason and I couldn't be prouder of our 10 year old boy. He didn't get up to go to the bathroom and was pretty reverant. We know our Heavenly Father loves him as much as we do. Happy tears couldn't help but run down my face as the choir sang during conference. The Sunday after conference Korbin happily announced it was a great day, I asked why and he simply replied I don't have to go to practice anymore!

1 comment:
I'm with Korbin. I did the happy dance when we didn't have to go to practice too. :)
Post a Comment