Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend Novel

Last weekend was our UEA weekend and we did nothing exciting, but I think this weekend we made up for it.
We started off with a great start with no school on Friday. We weren’t complaining about having an extra day to play. I took Korbin, Conner and Madison to Salt Lake for a few hours. We meet Crystal and the kids at Gardner Village for some Halloween fun. We did a witch scavenger hunt around the village. The boys were very thorough about finding each witch and writing down the right location on their list (thanks Crystal for the copies). I loved how each witch had a theme. It was a great activity for the kids to do.






It was Crystal’s first visit and mine as well to Gardner’s Village (I though I had been there but I must have been mistaken). It was a fun place to take the kids. I’ll have to remember to take them every year.
After finding all the witches we had the girls get some face painting done. So cute! You would think Madison is the youngest just from looking at this picture or at least the same age, but Madison is really short and is actually older than Addy by a few years.

I had to sneak to take a picture of Easton by a witch (or close enough), he was a little timid of them. Paxton was content just hanging out.


Sadly, way to soon after taking the kids to get a treat from a bakery it was time to say goodbye to our friends for a little while and head home. Crystal had plans and so did we so our visit wasn’t long. I’ll guess we’ll have to make up for it next time.

We came home for just an hour and we took off again. Madison still has tumbling Friday nights. I wish it could be switched but in our world Friday night is the best night for it especially with other things the kids are involved in at times.

 After tumbling we headed back down south (this time not all the way to SL but close). Kati has recently gotten engaged and has moved down to Daybreak with her fiancĂ©e, his daughter and the kids. We’re super excited to see the big changes in their life and a wedding in a few months. Adam her fiancĂ© is a great guy and awesome with the Emma and Ethan. After this big move we don’t get to see each other anymore. We make the extra effort though and try to plan one activity a month. We both drive half way to hang out or switch kids. On Friday night it was our turn to take the kids.
By the time we got home it was 8ish. Jason had dinner for us. The kids ate and caught up and carved pumpkin for a bit and watched a movie.

Jason spent almost all of his Friday in Salt Lake as well. Busy Jason is just around the corner from now on. His big holiday meeting wasn’t as boring as I though it was going to be. Jason failed to communicate he won a pie eating contest during it, thank goodness for co-workers, camera phones and facebook. I’m still confused at who is wearing the wig but if someone’s wearing a wig at a meeting it can’t be a boring meeting. Team 375 really like to have fun together! 




Saturday brought something new Madison will be doing during this winter. I know I have said on numerous occasions we would be done with soccer. So why would I add more soccer is a mystery to me. Yes! Madison is now on a indoor soccer team. Jan (Ellie’s mom) called during the week and asked if Madison would be interested in taking the last slot on Ellie’s soccer team. We didn’t give her a definite answer at first but when we asked Madison she was all for it so from now on our Saturdays are filled with a soccer practice and a game (perfect because as stated above all other afternoons are booked). Funny how things work out.
Madison did well on her first practice. She’s trying to figure out how to use the wall as she plays. She’s told us she likes outdoor soccer better but is still happy playing and it keeps her running. She’s starting to get some defined calves I’ve noticed.



After Madison’s soccer practice we came home had a quick lunch and surprised the kids by taking them to a corn maze. The kids loved the slides at the corn maze place, the maze didn’t thrill them as much as I thought it should have but we made them enjoy it and we found the exit a handful of times. The slides are always a blast. I got some great pictures.















We came home and sadly our friends had to go home. 

Jason and I got ready and went to attend the adult session of stake conference after dinner. The subject was communication in a marriage. I’m glad we sat by a friend that doesn’t get bothered by a good loud laugh, Keri and I were just cracking up for a good portion of the beginning. The special guest speaker was Matt Townsend. His talk was awesome! Jason walked out and said it was the best talk he’s heard in a long time. I agreed. The talk he gave was full of everyday experiences and relatable. He hit me right on the nose a few times.

This morning (Sunday) was Stake conference. We made it 15 minutes early and we still did not get a bench. We sat in relief society chairs that are still somewhat comfortable. 2 more minutes and we would have lost those as well. The rest of the day was spent watching movies, eating Halloween themed food, Sour Swedish Fish (Jason’s prize from the pie eating contest) and getting ready for Halloween tomorrow.
 We’ll be staying home again this year for Halloween and not spending it with Kati and the kids. This was our staple holiday we have spent together for the last 8 7 years.  Last year was our first Halloween we didn’t spent together because she was moving. Understandable at the time.  Now with the most recent move and the new distance between us I’m sadly thinking this might be normal from now on. We’ll have to find a new route for our family to go on around our neighborhood for trick or treating. Kati and I will just have to make up some holiday to spend together and I am going to have to raise the bar on Halloween. 



1 comment:

dcscrivy said...

My kids had a great time! Thanks for meeting us halfway. I am checking the schedule for the next night out!