Saturday, June 11, 2011

Road trip day 15

Saturday! Everyone got ready and then Russ, Jason and the kids walked to a local park. Lisa and I drove to McD's and then met the gang at the park. We had a McD's picnic at the park and let the kids play. We made a plan to visit a dinosaur museum. I mentioned it was almost time for us to head home. This made Colton a little sad but we tried to cheer him up and talked about him coming to visit us soon.




Visiting the dinosaur museum was G-pa's treat. The kids liked walking around the interactive dinosaurs (Colton's dinosaurs put our interactive dinosaurs to shame back home). I've got to say I felt the tiredness of the trip like a bolt of lightening as we walked around the museum. I was ready to get home. 
After a quick family picture we said our goodbye's filled up at a local gas station and headed home.






The last stretch felt so long but we made the best of it. We drove past the Moab exit (wahoo for Jason and I, we would be taking it in a few days) and we stopped to read about the Carbon County mines and we saw a friends hometown freeway exit she takes when she goes home (Fairview is a tiny place of what I understand), which I've always been curious to see.


It's funny. Jason was excited to see the mountains the day before and I was super excited to see Lehi! 
We got home and had Tuna Helper for dinner. G-ma Cheryl txt us and asked if we wanted some dinner and we can't thank her enough. It made a world of difference to have something homemade and ready. From Lehi to Bountiful we named every possible fast food place we could have. Nothing sounded good.

We arrived home around 8. We unpacked, relaxed and checked the mail for postcards. Korbin's got lost. I can't even describe the disappointment in his face. I'm still bitter about the whole thing. We ended the night by watching a movie and going to bed in our beds. (Sigh)It was so nice to be back!

Post 16 of 16
Location:Colorado and Utah

2 comments:

dcscrivy said...

What an awesome trip, I bet your bed did feel amazing to come home too!

Malinda said...

Wahoo! You finished blogging the whole trip. Good work!

I love that dinosaur truck. I want one.