This year's father's day was simple. The kids sang a cute song for Jason at church, gave him a coupon book good for a few fun things plus 4 cookies he shared with us (he's the better half ,when I received chocolates for Mother's Day I ate them as fast as I could on our walk back home from church). Maddie was asked to give a talk about her dad for Primary today. She did it! She was a bit shy, I'm not sure if everyone could hear her but she did it. She took a
picture of Jason and her and talked about things her dad enjoys doing, why she loves him and also told a story about the picture.
A little story about how Jason came home with a t-shirt for her that matched his after one a camping trips he took with his scouts. She was really upset he had to leave for the night but this shirt made it all better the next day.
This year we picked a gift that we thought Jason would
enjoy. We got him a Bocce ball set that included a Croquet set as well. A double win! After dropping off Aunt Sio at the airport on Wed. the kids and I stopped at Target to pick it up and then we raced home to hide it before Jason could see it. I also got him a beach towel.
It drives me nuts how Jason knows his gifts ahead of time. He either knows us to well or he sneaks around the house in the dead of night trying to find his gifts. Out of the blue at Target yesterday he was laughing saying we got him a beach towel for father's day and the funny thing is we did. It amused him to open up his second present.
We played a game of Croquet and afterwards made a special dinner of chicken burritos since he likes them so much and finished with chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
3 comments:
What a lucky guy to get all those gifts! Dave always knows his gift too. It drives me crazy. I try so hard to make it a suprise. Maddie looked so cute at church today. Glad her talk went well. Congratulations on your calling. Your going to do very well!
It's funny to me that Jason and Nate got the same gifts. Great minds think alike!
Maddie did a great job, and I heard every word.
Congratulations on your calling. I'm bummed that you won't be Ben's scout leader anymore, but you will do a great job in Primary!
Bocce ball is the best! what a great idea. I don't try to surprise Dan anymore because he never uses the surprises I get him, so I must be a bad gift getter. Now I just say, what do you want, and then I go get it. Kinda boring, but everybodies happy, no wasted money :)
Post a Comment