Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A beginning to an end

Friday was the last day of school. To celebrate I bought a Slip n Slide for the kids and had it ready to go in the backyard by the time Amity dropped off carpool. They were surprised and super exited,they invited a few friends and they all had fun in the backyard for a few hours. On Sat the kids played with friends left and right while Jason and I finished taking out some bushes(we're done with phase 3 of Jason's project). We finished the night with a movie. We took the kids to go see Star Trek and we all loved it. A great ending to our first weekend of summer.
Our number one thing this summer is the pool. I bought a season swim pass for our family to the pool down the street(the kids are super exited about it) and that's where you will find us most of the time. 
My ultimate goal this summer is to work on my Photoshop skills. I have 8 Photoshop tutorial disks somewhere in a drawer gathering dust for about the past six years now. I think it's time to put them to use. What brought this on is a few wonderful pictures of Korbin that my friend Crystal took for his baptism. She did a great job and I love her style. I love to brag about my friends talents because they are all so different from each other and they all teach me so much. 

2 comments:

amity said...

okay you have been telling me about these pictures but i have yet to see them. sounds like your first weekend of the summer was fun and productive. i saw you taking out the bushes. your yard looks great!

dcscrivy said...

slip n slides are the best, what a fun mom you are, I heard the star trek movie was good, we'll have to go see that one. You are too kind, we will have to work on our photoshop skills together, so fun!!!