Zion National park was our first Here's a family pic at the park entrance.
They don't allow cars driving around certain parts of the park so we had to ride the shuttle all day. The kids liked it a lot.
We saw cool things on our hike. Korbin pointed out a monkey he saw in the rocks. We thought it was pretty cool so we took a picture of it.
The kids love bunny ears in pictures.
Emerald pools
While getting this picture taken we were getting dripped on by water.
Maddie taking a break.
We found hundreds of caterpillars(literally everywhere) when we first entered the park. Maddie is learning about butterflies at school so she gets way exited when she sees caterpillars.
By 3 o'clock we were exhausted and headed back to the car for a late lunch. We probably hiked a total of maybe 3-5 miles. After getting back to our temporary home we took a quick swim in the pool and then Jason and the kids made a delicious dinner and baked two cakes.
We have become Kool Aid fans ever since our fun night at the Jensen's.
On vacation you can't have Kool Aid without drinking out of the fancy glasses.
The kids did everything I asked including finishing all their dinner.
Our first attempt at taking a picture using the timer. By the end of the trip we got better at it.
Jason made two cakes. One for me and one for Korbin.
I had a great birthday turning **! I loved spending time with Jason and the kids with no distractions. I especially loved how Jason chose to take his second vacation week off for my birthday. By the time the night ended we were exhausted and the kids passed out fast and early.
4 comments:
Happy birthday!!! Looks like tons of fun, you'll have to tell me about the best spots for when we go. I am glad that your children were so good to you on your birthday by eating dinner for you. Such wonderful children!
I love your new background. You have really caught the scouting spirit!
That looks like tons of fun. I loved Zions when we went. I'm excited to take the kids when they are a bit older so we can do more hiking. We only took the stroller accessible trails.
I'm glad you had a good birthday . . . and you are certainly still young enough to say the number!
Thanks Malinda! Sorry you couldn't make it yesterday to lunch, maybe next time. I didn't put my age on as a joke. The new background is do to Korbin's birthday. During the kids birthday month I let them pick the theme for our blog. They love doing it and get really into it.
why dont you wanna tell everyone how old you are sister?!?
Just say it loud and proud.. 30! lol
Post a Comment