Monday, April 20, 2009

One Adventurous Weekend

I can't remember the last time we had such a busy weekend...
 On Friday night after Jason's scout bike ride(15 miles) we took the kids to Toads for a fun night out. We played one round of miniature golf and a few arcade games. The kids won 22 points, enough to buy 2 jolly ranchers. As we waited in line a young couple in front of us had an extra 425 points,they didn't know what to do with them so they turned around and handed the points to Korbin(Jason had to let Korbin know it was ok a few times before he reached up to grab the points and said thank you). This made the kids day! They had so many points they didn't even know what to do with them.  They had enough points for two jolly rangers, some weird ball that lights up and two Slinky's.  
On Sat morning I was out of the house by 7am and heading towards Salt Lake for a day of shopping with a girlfriend for what I like to a call pre-birthday celebration. We had a great time window shopping, looking for treasures at a yard sale, eating a not so delicious bakery treat, trying on clothes, hats, shoes and other stuff. It was so much fun I can't wait to do it again!
On Sunday we had a spontaneous trip to Moab. It was a long journey but well worth it. We didn't return home until one in the morning. I've never seen so many Jeep's in my life and mountain bikes. We spent most of our time at The Arches National Park.
 It was fun and amazing! At first the kids didn't want to leave the visitors center because they thought it was so cool but once we convince them we could go and see the real deal they were all for it. Our kids are good hustlers when it comes to things that are outdoors. We visited most of the park by sunset.

We need to plan a camping trip to here soon.

Funny happenings:
*One of my favorite perks of Jason's job is the company car. The last few cars have been great but the car we have now I don't know about....At the visitors center parking lot for no reason the panic alarm in the car started to go off. We had walked about 50 feet away from the car when it decided to go off. Immediately Jason pushed all the buttons on his remote key, nothing, we opened all the doors,nothing, started the car,nothing,looked in the owners manual,nothing. People started to stare and tried to give us advice. We finally decided to pop the hood to disconnect the battery and out of the blue it just stopped. It was an interesting two minute experience. I honestly though we would have to drive all the way home with it on. Another reason why we will never buy a Dodge. A little joke we pass around this house. Poor car it's only a year old but it already has given us enough momentum to never want a dodge.

*A while ago I read a book called Parenting Breakthrough. It suggests that each family have a theme or something they are know for. I totally forgot about it because we could never come up with one and it's been a while. While driving around Moab Jason asked if I wanted to go on a walk on a trail by a river we drove past. My answer was was no.Im ust say no a lot because Jason looked at me and reminded me of our search for a family theme. This was his suggestion.. him always making suggestions of fun stuff to do outdoors and me mostly saying no. I had to laugh out loud because perhaps I do say no a lot to his outdoors ideas but I do enjoy the ones we do. Perhaps I should say yes a little bit more.


4 comments:

EmWJ said...

I can't believe you just went to Moab. That's amazing. I need to be more spontaneous like that. What great pictures too!

dcscrivy said...

I can't believe you went all the way there in one day. It is fun though, I like the family theme, that's funny. You should say yes more, it is fun to hike!!!

Nate said...

Great pictures! That looks like loads of fun. Ben just brought home a book about National Parks and it made me want to go on vacation. Maybe we'll have to take a weekend trip to Moab too.

Malinda said...

Really that was me . . . I guess I was signed in with Nate's google account.