Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

Our first day of Spring break started with a lunch trip to McDs with my visiting teachers and all of our kids. After McDs Tosha(my friend)took Korbin and Maddie for a few hours so I could finish my easter stuff and check out the store called Hobby Lobby( I've never been there but now that I have I think it's worth the drive to Layton). The rest of our day was spent at home relaxing. Our Friday brought unexpeted news to us. While the kiddos at I were having having an early lunch at Costco Kati called and gave me some news. Brandon(Kati's brother-in-law,Mariko's husband) was involved in a serious car accident on his way home from work. He was hit by someone who was intoxicated that failed to stop at a stop sign.  Our local newspaper ran large story about it because of the damage the accident cost. The man that hit Brandon ended up with his large Dodge truck inside a living room of a 2nd story house(ring any bells?). Brandon's Tundra ended up as scrap metal and Brandon in serious condition at Mc Kay Dee hospital. After hearing the news the kiddos and I Immediately headed over to Kati's house in Roy to help in any way we could. Emma and Ethan(Kati's kids) came home with us to stay for a while so Kati could be with Mariko(her sister) and Logan(Mariko's baby). Our family of four became a family of six. The kids had a great afternoon playing outside only entering the house to use the bathroom or to eat food until it was dark outside. On Saturday morning Jason went golfing with a  friend and I stayed home with the kids and tried to clean up from the sleep over. After lunch Jason and I took the kids to the Park City outlet mall for some fresh air and some shopping.  It was fun being a family of six for about 32 hours except I'm not use to buying so much food at McDs and having to clean up as much. We had a rule for everything this weekend.Here's a picture of the kids at the pet adoption place. Thanks to this trip Maddie wants a dog and is willing to spend her money to buy one. It's three against one now(I'm out numbered). By the time we got home the kids had a full day of fun and were ready for bedtime.
***Update: Brandon woke up today and seems to be mending. Thanks Kati for keeping us posted on their blog.

2 comments:

dcscrivy said...

Holy cow, dan told me that story of the truck into the house. My comment was, "it's always the drunk one that gets off easy and doesn't get hurt." I am so sorry and we will remmeber them in our prayers. I am glad that you liked hobby lobby, fun, huh. Maddie's dress was very pretty on sunday.

EmWJ said...

I also love Hobby Lobby! And wow about the crash. Hopefully all will end well!