Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vernal

Jason's work has taken him to Vernal UT for a few days-he's training a sales rep out there.
We took a side trip once to Vernal last year or two years ago heading back from visiting family in Grand Junction Co. We stop to take the kids to the Dinosaur National Monument. When we arrive we found out the Quarry was closed due to foundation problems just a few days before. The kids were bummed but on the plus side I got them T-shirts and we found a yummy mexican restaurant in town.
Anyway...
Today we did all the normal Wed. routine with a few extras most of which were easy and simple. I was only late once today. Taking the Kindergartners to school. I left the house at 11:10 and that's the time the kids are suppose to start school. Short days, what can you do about them?
The best part of the day was hanging out at the Jensen's for the evening since both of our husbands are on work trips. The kids have known about this for a few days and couldn't wait for it. We had a lot of fun!
 The kids prepared most of their own food. A super easy gourmet fun dinner. It included appetizers,homemade pizza(it took maybe 6 minute from start to finish-it was really good) and kool-aid to drink(the kids and I drank most it-we don't have kool-aid at home but we do love it).
 For our entertainment we played a fun game outside(the weather was perfect),the kids then played with play duh,and then we all watched old cartoons that Emily and I use to watch a decade or two ago. Duck tales and Duck wing Duck. We ended the night with dessert(our part in it), chocolate chip ahoy ice cream sandwiches.Yum!
Thanks Emily for planning all the stuff and making it such a fun and memorable night. And now for the next few nights we fend for ourselves.



2 comments:

EmWJ said...

It was delightful and I can't believe I forgot to take pictures. I missed a great one of Korbin laying almost flat on his back watching the cartoons and Sophie cuddling up to you instead of me!

I can't wait to try the ice cream sandwiches again and next time we should invite the husbands. :)

dcscrivy said...

Duck Tales-wooo-eeeeew, that show rocked, but we never had cable growing up, so I would watch it at my friends house whenever possible. Good times :)