Madison had a fun sixth birthday! She had a small party with a few friends. Since Monday I've been given a birthday count down every morning. The original plan was to invite six girls over for cake ice cream and a few games. The actual party had 9 girls and was packed with a lot of activities. The theme was based on a book called 'Pinkalicious'. A few weeks ago Amanda(a friend)sent this book home with me for Madison to read accompanied by a cute pink cupcake(Madison loved it and made her first thank you card right after eating her cupcake). Madison and I made the invitation and set off to deliver them together the Sunday before her birthday.

Madison's friends behaved so well during the party it surprised me. It wasn't the chaos I expected. I had high expectations of chaos from last years bowling party experience. I talked to one of the mom's about it and she reminded me of how the girls preschool teacher last year would comment on how well behaved and quiet the class was(most of the girls had Miss Kim for preschool and use to be in the same afternoon class). After all the girls arrived wearing as much pink as possible we played a few games and ate hot dogs, chips, strawberry Jello with drinks that had pink ice cubes in it.

I gave the girls two options for crafts. Pink picture frames or wooden dolls. They all did a great job and had fun with stickers, markers,jewels and glitter pens.
Maddie being the birthday girl got first dibs on picking the craft she wanted to make. At first she wanted to decorate a pink picture frame but after spotting this wooden fairy from a movie she changed her mind. We played a another quick game and it was time for our next project. Decorating Maddie's cake. Each gal decorated their own cupcake with pink frosting, sprinkles and whatever they wanted. Some of the girls got exited and ate some of their cupcakes before we sang Happy Birthday to Madison.
Once the cupcakes were all put together on a platter we couldn't even tell which one had big bite marks on them. Good thing we labeled each girls cupcake with a little crown toothpicks with initials. As they enjoyed their cupcakes Kati read the story of Pinkalicious and the room was silent. They really enjoyed the story. The story ends with a part in which Pinkalicious willingly eats a lot green vegetables to get rid of all the pink on her body. Again the girls so well behaved and polite gave eating a piece of celery a try. A thousand words can't describe the look on the girls as they chewed the small piece of celery.


And the grand finale was of course the presents! She loves her new toys. She has a new few shirts,a Polly Pocket,a Little Pets Shop, a Barbie with a stand(later on she told me she didn't know Barbie's came with stands. I've obviously never bought a collector's Barbie for her), movies, shoes,her first Fancy Nancy book, blendy pens,her first gumball machine,make up,a crown, Hello Kitty stuff, Lego's, a pink Guitar from my parents (that's what she wanted),a leopard purse, stuff, stuff, and more stuff! The ultimate gift she really wanted was a bag of Cheetos! Every time G-ma C would ask her what she wanted for her birthday she would yell Cheetos! A few hours after the party....
Madison with Jason.
Mean look of the day.
Later on... I found him in Madison's room...Can you blame him... It's a Star Wars ship.

The thank you card Madison has been working on personalizing for each friend. At the rate we're going we should be done by next week.
3 comments:
Cute pictures. It sounds like a great party. I still can't believe that you got Emily to eat celery! My kids are usually good about eating vegetables, but they all HATE celery. I'm impressed that she ate it.
Emily loves her thank you card. She used a marker to write "Maddie's Birthday Party" on the pink border and has it hanging up on the fridge.
BTW, thanks for the Lego coupons. I didn't really help enough to deserve them, but I'll use them anyway. :)
Oh maddie mad looks so amazing and happy. I cant believe she is already 6. That party looked so fun!!! I miss you so much.
What an awesome party! Great planning on your part! That is something Maddie will remember forever!
Post a Comment