When Jason and I talked about plans for our first family vacation this year we decided to go to California and spend a whole week there. However as we got closer to the date stuff came up that we didn't want to miss. A dinner for my scouts on Tuesday, a new scout in Jason's pack on Wed but most importantly I wanted to take the kids to the temple open house down in Draper. Today we sent the kids to school with church clothes, hats and snow boots. Weird combination I know... the hats were for a fundraiser(Indiana Jones hat on Korbin and a pink hat with a butterflies for Madison. Yes, Korbin is still big on wearing that hat! Read the post labeled 'Indy' for clarification), Sunday clothes for the temple(Korbin had special instructions on the Do's and Don'ts for the day absolutely no ketchup with his school lunch), and the snow boots were due to this mornings weather. I'm glad kids don't care what they wear. We checked the kids out of school a few minutes early just to beat all the carpool chaos and to get a head start on the stormy weather. The funny thing about the weather it was only snowing up by our house as soon as we headed down the hill not even a mile away from home it was clear. Is it really that bad up here!?! We ended up being really early to the church we were assigned to meet at. The good news right before we left home I made two extra reservations around our original reservation just to add cushion time. Safe!
The temple was a great experience that I hope the kids remember. Korbin really liked the Baptismal font. He's always liked the topic of baptisms for the dead and knows a lot of facts about the subject. I think he has a soft spot in his heart for it. Completely the opposite of Korbin's comment on the font was Madison's. She disliked the smell and was glad to leave the room. Maddie was impressed with the Celestial room and quickly asked questions wanting to know more about it. Keeping with the reverance I told her we could talk
about it later. She received all her answers not even 5 minutes after from a couple in a sealing room. They explained temple work better than I ever could.
Another vacation day wrapped up. In a few hours we'll be on the rode for the rest of our pre-planned trip. I hope it doesn't rain around Legoland this weekend!

Here's a picture of us at the meeting house by the temple taken by a helpful missionary.
4 comments:
Our kids were looking for you guys the whole time down there. I told them that with so many people we probably wouldn't see you . . . especially since you were early and we were almost late. The weather must have changed after you left because we had some pretty serious snow all the way to Centerville.
I hope you have a fun and safe trip.
What an awesome experience for you and your family! Glad it worked out so well for you.
Did you have tickets or did you just head down there without any? We've got tickets for March, but would like to try to get in earlier, if we could.
It's easy to change your reservation. Go to the same web page where you made your reservation and there is an option to alter or cancel your current reservation somewhere on there. That's how I did it. Your family will love it!
Post a Comment