Thursday, February 19, 2009

Korbin...Korbin...Korbin

Korbin is a simple boy who is way laid back.  I'm guessing it's a boy thing because he has a few friends that are just like him. Here's the most recent experience...
A few weeks ago Korbin came home with a whole bunch of extra stuff in his backpack. It seemed a bit unusual so I asked him about it.  I got the same answer about ten times. He has two teachers this year. The teacher he has for only a few hours a day told all the kids to take all their stuff home. That was his story over and over again but after much badgering and questioning I found out the real story. His teacher was moving to Argentina in a few days and he didn't need all the stuff in his classroom any more. That's our Korbin. Korbin must have more of his dad than me in him. I love his laid back attitude but sometimes it would be nice to be imformed of little things like his teacher moving. Luckily for us one of Korbin's friend mom Nanette threw a farewell party for Logan( Korbin's teacher's son) it was my only chance of sending a thank you card.
Nate,Sione,Logan,?,Brock,?
Kolton,Chase,Carter,?,?,Korbin
The party was great. The boys had a lot of fun. Korbin plays with about half the boys in the picture. I guess you can call some of them part of his entourage. Boys can have a lot of fun no matter what.  Girls are a bit more complicated. I'm glad we have one of each. It evens out our home. A few days after the party I called Nanette and thanked her for her help with a few things I did for Maddie's classroom and for the party. In our conversation she let me know Korbin's teacher was staying and their move got cancelled at the very last minute. All of my stressing was pointless. Next time I'm taking Korbin's laid back attitude.

1 comment:

Dale Clarke said...

I have to say I'm more like you Claudy. The boys in my house are more like Korbin. I hope they can handle all the girls we have in our family!