
On Monday I took Madison to have some birthday pictures taken. This is one of my favorite little things to do with her. A while ago I started a fun tradition of buying Maddie a bow right before having her picture taken(to be honest this is only our second time but I'm planning on continuing this). Both times we have ended up at Quilted Bear. The first time Jason was able to join us(I'm not sure why because it was a weekday right before Maddie had to go to school and have pictures taken) but this time it was just Maddie and me. She tried on almost every flower,bow and hat until we found the perfect one. It's time consuming but well worth it. Especially seeing how we bond closer together by doing such a simple thing. I've never been a fan of big flowers or bows in Madison's hair because I always thought they looked funny on her. On Monday after hearing why a dozen times on why I stay away from big flowers I blurted out why I object to them. She shocked me when she replied 'I can Mom, I can pull off big flowers in my hair see I'm big ' in a sincere and confident tone while standing up nice and tall. She's growing up so fast. I love to see her fun sassy personality. I'm glad she stands up for what she believes in too. In the end we compromised on medium size flowers and she looked great wearing them.
3 comments:
Those pictures are SO CUTE! The flower is perfect. What a fun tradition.
Maddie is so beautiful! I love the hair accessory too! I am getting the kids pictures taken today . . . wish me luck!
Post a Comment