Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birthday number '9' for Miss Madison

Madison turned 9 on Tuesday! We celebrated her birthday over the span of 3 days. Sunday, there was a family dinner at Jason's grandparents house to celebrate Grandpa Brent's, Rod's and Madison's birthday. Madison received a few presents and was super happy to play with Jake and Kenzie.
Monday night the celebration continued with a visit to Classic fun center. With Jas having class on Tuesday night we bumped Mads birthday activity a day early. At the last second we let her invite a friend. She made a long list of friends and jumped from name to name but in the end she called her friend Marina. The kids did a little bit of everything and filled up on pizza. Jas and I joined in most activities too including using the kids scooters in the rink during the blackout songs.




 She opened a few presents that night and was super thrilled to receive a few gift cards in the mail.
Tuesday was her official birthday! She woke up happy and pleasant. She had a great day at school. I picked her and Korbin up after school to do a little shopping. I had 3 stops in mind to celebrate her b-day before Jas got home. Our first stop was a mystery stop. The kids really enjoyed trying to guess where we were going. The stop was an older lady's home to purchase some homemade American Girl doll outfits she makes. Mads was so happy we probably spent 10 minutes flat buying 2 outfits. As we were leaving Korbin asked if I could do a mystery stop on his birthday too. He was excited with the whole thing and asked me several times what I would do for him. Needless to say I'm sure I'll have to come up with something extra good for his birthday too. The second stop was going to Justice. Granparents E gave Mads a gift card and she really likes that store. After trying on a few different things she ended up with 2 cute shirts and feather earrings. 
The third stop was Claire's. She's been asking me to take her earring shopping for a while now. Colton's and Kyler's gift card couldn't have arrived at a better time. She picked a set of flower earrings. After Claire's we came home with Monte Carlo to watch. Once Jas got home Mads opened the rest of her presents.













 She received a few fun things. Feather earrings and a Lego set from Korbin, Lalaloopsy Doll from Grandma Cheryl and some other gifts which included a butterfly kit she was really excited about. Banana Cream pie is one of Madison's favorite dessert so that's what we had instead of a cake.  


Isn't she just so cute!!!!



 After having dessert we finished watching the movie and Madison played with her new stuff with some of Korbin's help.





She can be sassy, kind and a spaz. Man we sure do love her!

1 comment:

dcscrivy said...

Happy Birthday sweet Madison! I can't believe she is nine! What a sweet girl!