Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cross Country Skiing

On Monday we went cross country skiing as a family. The kids and I had the day off from school due to President's Day and Jason took the day off from work also so we could spend a 3 day weekend together.




We first did the usual low key/easy loop the kids have done in the past, then decided to go exploring and found a new trail. 
Madison was a trooper, the trail wasn't really long but Jason mentioned afterwards he was really proud of her because it wasn't easy for her. She and Jason stuck together like glue and he taught her a lot. 
Korbin did a great job and was often leaving us behind so I tried to stick with him as much as I could. From the picture below you can see how close I was to him most of the time.
He's gotten the hang of it and has also found short cuts in moving around faster in his skis. He just did his own thing.

Madisons' favorite part was when Jason and her fell down at the exact same time. She had a huge grin when she told me the story when they caught up to us and talked about it for the rest of the day. Even mom and dads fall down too.
 I think one of the reasons we like to go cross country skiing together is because we do it just for fun, out in the open at our own pace. We fall down a lot and it's just funny. When we fall down we get up and we keep trying and going. I took a lot of pictures of Jason on the ground. I found it amusing and he was a great sport about all the pictures I took of him. 



I guess there is a few benefits of being the picture taker, you won't see pictures of me on the ground on our blog. We skied for about 3 hours.
We took our sleds up and carried them in so that on our way back down to the car the kids could use them to ride down the hill. They had a blast and it was a riot to watch them! We were so tired afterwards we didn't make it to a restaurant for a late lunch like planned but a quiet easy lunch at home.

2 comments:

dcscrivy said...

That looks so fun! You are such a cute family!

Parry Family said...

I have always wanted to try cross country skiing. Looks like you guys had a great time.