We arrived in the Scrivy's new beautiful home just a little bit after lunch and hung around and caught up. The kids just ran around and played outside and all over the place.
We had a great BBQ pizza for dinner and then we took the kids on a little walk. The kids saw tadpoles and different kids of birds. At one point we also saw kids swimming in the wetland area. It grosses me out just thinking about the leeches and other stuff in there.
We walked back and put the kids to bed. Dan, Crystal and I stayed up ate creamy ice cream and stayed up and talked until a little after midnight. My plan was to get up early and come home so the kids wouldn't miss swimming lessons but it just wasn't going to happen.
Crystal made another great meal for us that included some Oregon bacon straight from her parents farm.
We decided to take the kids to a splash pad. We stopped for gas and at Walmart for snacks and swimsuits. The splash pad was a little out of Lehi.
To us it meant two things either it was going to be packed because it was entertainment for people who live far out of the city or it would be dead because it was so far out of the city. We got a little lost but found it without much trouble.
It took the kids a little to warm up to the idea of getting wet but they did it and had a great time for an hour or two.
Before we knew it, it was time for us to say goodbye to our friends and come home.
My kids were kinda stinkers during our second day visit. Madison blames it on waking up so early. I feel her pain 8 o'clock is so early! They got a 10 minute lecture in the car on our way home on the subject. Kids what to do with them what to do without them!
Thanks Scrivy's! Crystal it's your turn to come up.
Thanks Scrivy's! Crystal it's your turn to come up.
1 comment:
I am so glad you guys came, it was so fun! I didn't think your kids were stinkers, and I got the chills thinking of those kids in that yucky pond water. I have been thinking of all you guys lately, I defintely need to come up!
Post a Comment