Note to self for next year: After posting this and spending a little bit of time this afternoon with Tosha M. and Tammy B. I have found this is the second year in a row either one of them has the costume my kids want to be for Halloween. I'm bypassing stuff next and seeing what's available up the street first :) These two ladies crack me up and are great examples to me to want to be a better person.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Halloween Prep
Costumes...Costumes...Costumes... I'm glad to say costumes are almost out of the picture. I'm glad Korbin has decided he wants to reuse his Power Ranger costume from last year(in the long run this has been a big help since we're not home very much right now). Working on only one costume has been a nice break. Maddie's costume was somewhat easy to make once I got a few kinks out of the way. I couldn't find a pattern for the skirt I wanted to make so I had to try and make it using Mad's and my imagination. It's not exactly what I had in mind but very close. She loves it and that's all that matters anyway. The puffy underskirt was the challange but I sought some advice on how make it from a few sewing experts in our ward (older ladies are very cute and patient). Can't beat experience! The shoes we found @ the GAP in Park City last Friday. Cute silver flats. They didn't have her size but not to worry a few phone calls yesterday and voila there in the mail coming all the way from Colorado. I love silver(flashback... Jason had a red rose spray painted silver once for me. It was really neat)! Maddie will be a cute Minnie Mouse and Korbin a cool Power Ranger this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so impressed! I wish I could say that I was almost done. I'm glad you found some expert advice for the underskirt since I was no help. I want to see the finished product before I make them for my girls. I'm planning on using Saturday as a sewing day.
Post a Comment