Sunday, October 18, 2009
Aunt
My Aunt Eva passed away tonight(my aunt on my mom's side). She was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. The last few months have been rough for my mom's side of the family. My aunt was at a recovery facility when she passed away. Everything that could have have been done was tried but the cancer was spreading too rapidly in her body. My aunt would always tease all of her nieces and nephews to always think outside the box when it came life. She found joy in giving us advice probably because she wasn't able to have children of her own. I am grateful for the opportunity to have spend an hour with her last week before she passed away. She talked to my mom on the phone while I paid my last visit and it has left me with such a fond memory of my aunt smiling/laughing while talking to my mom. My grandparents are coping the best they can with the loss of their daughter. We'll all miss her very much but we know she is in a better place now free from the pain she was suffering from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. That is so hard, thank goodness we can have an eternal perspective to comfort us during these trying times. Let me know if you need anything.
i am so sorry for your loss. she sounds like she was an amazing person and someone to look up to. please call me if you need anything.
I am sorry to hear that. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm glad that you got spend time with her before she passed away and that you have such good memories of her.
Post a Comment