Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Arrow of Light

Our cub scout has earned many fun awards and patches in the last three years. We are very proud of him for his achievements. He's earn at least one big award plus a few smaller ones each year since he's joined scouts. In cub scouts every age group has a den they can participate in.
 When Korbin was eight he joined the Wolf den, he earned his Bobcat and Wolf badge.
I was lucky to have been his den leader for a brief period of time. It was a lot of fun. He then had Conner's mom be his leader. Wendy knows scouts stuff. When he was nine he joined the Bear den, he earned his Bear patch
Very cool! Malinda was his den leader and he did a lot of fun things.

 When he turned 10, he joined the Webelos den. Korbin was lucky enough to have his dad be his Webelos den leader. Korbin earned his Webelos badge a few months ago. 
As a Webelos you can also earn a distinguished award called the Arrow of Light. The Arrow of Light patch is the only award you can take with you as you leave the cub scouts and enter the boy scouts.
 It is special and Korbin has earned it!!!!!
He received his Arrow of Light award during January's pack meeting. 
He received it along side his friends Conner and Ben.  
It was a cool night of story telling by the other dens, a visit by a previous Cubmaster, three Arrow of Light awards and treats. 


Conner, Ben and Korbin each had a table full of fun things about each one of them. Each table had very similar objects. 
On Korbin's table he had a Lego set, A Harry Potter book, one of his Nerf guns, a Wii game, a picture and an All About Me page with a list of things he likes to do.
 Korbin has done a great job! Now he only has to wait a few months to go across the bridge and enter the boy scouts trail.



2 comments:

Malinda said...

Wendy really knows her stuff and Malinda did a lot of fun things? What are you trying to say? I don't know my stuff? Ha ha. I really don't. That's why I had Nate as my wingman.

Congratulations to Korbin! I'm so glad that all three of them got their Arrows of Light. Very neat. And, I still need to get that frosting recipe from you. So yummy!

dcscrivy said...

Great job Korbin! I finally understand just how much work goes into those awards, and they are definitely an accomplishment!