
Madison lost her very first tooth at the age of 6 1/2. Crazy! We started to wonder if it would ever happen.
She noticed it was a little loose last Tuesday while trying to eat a rice crispy treat and ever since then she's been patiently waiting for it to come out. Jason offered his assistance in the matter but she graciously declined his help. Yesterday the time finally came and of all places it was at a nearby park. I was worried that she would be upset when she couldn't find it but she stayed calm. Mostly it was due to her friends telling her the tooth fairy would understand and told her their own tooth fairy stories. I couldn't have done a better job than they did. We tried to find it but we knew the chances were slim. The rest of the day we spent a lot of time reassuring her the tooth fairy would still stop by. The tooth fairy did and left a few quarters under her pillow.
2 comments:
Hurray! I'm glad my kids could help her stay calm. They could also tell her stories about how sometimes the tooth fairy is so busy at night that she doesn't make it to your house so she stops by while you are at school. :)
Yay, what a big milestone. I was always the kind of girl who let them just fall out cause I didn't want to pull them. Good thing the tooth fairy is very smart at your house :)
Post a Comment