Monday, August 31, 2009

Soccer



Soccer has started again...
This year I enrolled Korbin in soccer so he could get some exercise. He likes soccer and has never officially complained about playing soccer but he never showed any enthusiasm towards it either. Jason and I just came to an understanding that he just didn't like it and maybe that is why he didn't seem to put any hard effort into it when he would play. Sports aren't a big thing to him, so we just let it go this year.
Of course it doesn't fail that as soon as I come to terms with something that drives me crazy it magically gets better. He ran so much during Saturdays game I was surprised. He did a great job helping out his team. All we have to do now is go over positions so he doesn't run around all over the field:)
I'm hoping that he'll keep up with the running and keeps enjoying soccer just as much as he did last Sat.

Maddie played well. She still loves soccer. The other day Jason asked what she liked more soccer or doing dance stuff (like the junior cheer leading stuff she was doing) she really took her time to answer his question but her final answer was soccer. She scored a goal at her first game of the season. She's so funny she was a defender but somehow ended up being a forward. We can tell she likes being a forward so much more,she just loves to run.
After scoring she was done playing,she yawned so much during her game I stopped counting after a while. She was dragging. I'm glad I didn't enroll her in any other sport and I'll be careful with how much she does during the week. She's still having a little bit of a hard time waking up in the morning but she's getting there. I use to be the same way when I was younger. My mom finds Maddie's morning rituals hilarious because she lived through the same experience when I was Maddie's age.

1 comment:

Ameserrific said...

Claudy!! I was so excited to see your comment on by blog! This is so crazy, because just the other day I swear I drove by this house and you were outside and I haven't been able to stop thinking about you!! Your family is adorable!! Hope all is well! Keep in touch!!