We had a great weekend before school started...
Friday was full of friends. Megan,Mindee and I were finally able to get together and hang out for a few hours at the pool. It has been a good 10 years since the last time we've seen each other. It was fun to catch up on stuff and meet each others families. While we were at the pool Jason had fun golfing with some of his friends that he hadn't seen in a long time either. It's fun to catch up on old friendships! 









Sat was an early day for Jason. He had his 50 mile bike ride with his scouts. They all did a great job and did it in 8 1/2 hours. It was a great experience for him and the boys to have. They ran into some minor problems with the trail they had originally picked out but they had a plan 'B' that worked out very well. Lunch was the best part. Ice cold gatorades and water,turkey sandwiches,and Oreo's (I wonder if Tammy threw those in just because of Jason's job?). Jason is a ham fan so I had to laugh when he mentioned turkey. We debate over sandwiches at our house. I'm a turkey fan and he is a ham fan.
Sunday took us on a trip to Island Park. Our first trip up there as a family. It's very pretty. I'm exited to go back.We stopped at a historical cabin and took a quick tour and checked out the spring next to it. It has a name I just cant recall it.
We got some great camp site ideas for our trip to Yellowstone next year. I love our pre-planning trips, it's fun to get a sneak peak of the stuff we want to do once we're on our vacations.We also stopped at an overlook spot to check out The Mesa Waterfalls.
We only saw one of them, the smaller one from far away. We'll have to add this to our list of things to do on our trip. We still need to pick a date yet but I'm looking forward to this trip. The rest of the night we spent getting ready for school.
Fun memories, great summer!
3 comments:
I love that first picture of you and the kids. Very cute! It is beautiful up there. Those pictures make me excited for our Yellowstone vacation too. After hearing Wendy's stories the other day, I'm just a little afraid about the camping part.
:)
I LOVE Mesa falls, it always reminds me of my college days, we had some fun times going up there. It is so pretty too, I just wish you could get closer.
you are so cute. you said you can't remember the name of the spring you went to visit. it is called "big springs". the best place to camp in island park is called coffee pot. you have to book it almost a year in advance but it is beautiful there, perfect for camping but close enough to yellowstone. the spots at the end right by the river are the best. good luck.
Post a Comment