We surprised Jason today by going on a fun overnight camping trip up to North Fork to celebrate his birthday, our first time taking the trailer out this year. Our plan was simple but fun. Jason was a good sport and did most of the work as usual even though it was his b-day. Korbin found a new job on this trip...
he has the skinniest arms ever.
An unexpected highlight of the day was a hike up to a waterfall.
A short hike but definitely steep. We're troopers so we made it.
After our hike we ate yummy plain Oscar Meyer cheese dogs with chips and drinks for dinner. Way low key food for this trip. For our next trip I want to up scale to hobo dinners. Even though I want simple camping trips I need to maybe plan things out a little bit better so we don't forget little things like can openers, condiments and pocket knifes. I can't complain to much Korbin's camp Kielsel pocket knife he had on him saved the day.
For dessert we tried to make one of Dena's dutch oven cakes. It was ok but it just didn't taste as good as hers. The kids tried to let me down easy by letting me know Aunt Dena has more practice.
Jason seems to be enjoying his b-day cake and having fun so all in all it was a great day for all of us. Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!
2 comments:
Happy birthday Jason, that is fun, you guys are always doing fun things! It is always the little things you forget while camping, those stinkin can openers are a doozy (I have no idea how to spell that word).
Happy Birthday Brother-in-law of mine.
Post a Comment