Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day Camp

Korbin attended his first day camp at Camp Kiesel today. I'm happy that I was able to go with him on his first year. He did a great job with all of the different activities he had to do. He passed off so much while having a lot of fun with his buddies.
The first stop was the trading post. Like we really don't have enough stuff to clean up and keep track of already. Now we have added a pocket knife to our 'enough stuff already pile'. The pleasures of being a parent. Afterwards we headed to the obstacle course.
Once I got Korbin the right size of safety glasses he was able to use his slingshot right and was able to hit some targets.
The B.B. Guns were a lot for all of us. The kids loved it and even the leaders had a go at it. The camp leader over the B.B. guns was great. He knew his stuff and fit the part perfectly. Korbin hit a few targets and so did I.
Next we headed to the Archery range. Korbin struggled a bit by himself at first, stretching that bow is hard work, so after a little bit one of the leaders helped him out. He hit the target right in the middle.
After the Archery range we were ready to have some lunch.
Korbin and Conner. Each one of the scouts made a unique arrowhead necklace.

After a nature walk among different plants (some poisonous, I heard about them but I didn't actually see any of them,I was towards the back of our group)our last stop of the day was the Canoes. I got stuck doing a lot of rowing because I sat on the back and also got drench.
After we finished our last activity, some of the boys got thrown into the lake. Surprisingly Korbin volunteered himself as well. I was very happy he did it. He's coming out of his quiet shy shell.
I really like the picture below even though I didn't get Korbin centered and it's blurry but I still see a great smile so it's a keeper.










2 comments:

Malinda said...

That looks like loads of fun! I'm sad that Ben and I missed it. I'm looking forward to next year.

dcscrivy said...

I always wanted to go on the scout outings, my dad was always a leader and they did much funner stuff than we ever got to, maybe I can go with Easton someday!