Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cousins weekend

Early Friday morning the weekend ahead looked not a very exiting weekend with just a few things to do but by Sunday night I couldn't believe all the fun things we had done and how busy we stayed the whole time. Friday morning we found out Cooper was in town and also that all the cousins wanted to go to the pool. Grandma E got all the grandkids pool passes to their country club again this year so we all meet there and played in the pool. It's nice not having a handful of rules to follow at a pool.
After the pool we had to race home. Jason took Korbin golfing for the first time. He's finally old enough to go. He had a great time hanging out with his dad. Maddie and I had a girls night out too. I shared one of my birthday gifts with her that I've been saving for a special treat. We both had pedicures done.
Saturday Morning we woke up extra early to go on a hike. We went to a waterfall. The Eckardt kids are real troopers. We didn't hear one complain the whole time.


The kids found some gold on some rocks in the creek. They we're so exited, most of the way back down the mountain I could hear Jake and Korbin talking about all the things they wanted to buy with their new found treasure. I was impressed by how many rocks they carried back down with them.

Madison,Jake,Korbin, Kenzie and Cooper



After our hike we had lunch at Grandma's E and let the kids play for a few hours together. Grandma E is a wonderful cook.

2 comments:

behoxer said...

I think you sound like such a fun mom! What waterfall did you hike to?

dcscrivy said...

Looks like fun, busy weekends are nice, especially when waterfalls are involved!