Maddie had a great year as well. She loved soccer last season and loves it just as much now. The team she was put on was perfect for her. Maddie is aggressive on the field and is not scared of taking the ball from anyone.
Jason and I both agreed that maybe someday Maddie should play on a comp team. The idea came out of the blue from both of us. On Wed I ran into one of Korbin's pre-school friends mom at soccer practice. Her son and Korbin use to be best buds and almost inseparable back then. She was telling me how Daniel was invited on a comp team this year and loves it. The no saturday games caught my attention. On Friday night Jason mentioned that maybe we needed to find something more than AYSO for Maddie for next year since she loves it so much.
Don't look at us when you wonder where she gets her athleticism from. It must be a gene in her that's not in us. Anyway I did some investigating. Today before Maddie's game I mentioned our idea to Rindi(Rindi's is Maddie's coach-she coaches her older daughter comp team as well). I just wanted to get a feel of what's it all about and ironically she also wanted to talk to us about the same thing. To make a long story short we might have found a comp team for Maddie. Of course the down side is it can't happen for two more years. They start playing at 8(U9)so for now we'll take it one year at a time in AYSO and see if Maddie still likes it when the time comes. I guess we're stuck with Sat games for a while. It's fun to picture and imagine what her little future could be. Something else Maddie really wants to do is gymnastics. I'm struggling with it because I'd rather her take piano but we'll see what happens next year.
On a site note... I think I might have just convince Jason into buying a new camera but just not any camera the Cannon Rebel. The pictures are so awesome!!! I've been using a loaner cannon rebel because our camera has had it. Jason used the loaner rebel this morning at Korbin's game and thought it was awesome. This I don't need to wait two years for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday night Jason and I had a fun date night w/3 other couples. We went bowling. We played on two lanes. The girls played on one lane and the boys on the other. The first round was great. I always use a 6 pound ball that has a label for children use only and Jason a 13 pound ball. I'm only mentioning this as foreshadowing for the rest of my story. For our second round of bowling we switch lanes,the catch was that we had to use the ball our spouse was using. It was a lot of fun and complicated. I could hardly get the ball down the lane and Jason would have to throw my ball really fast to make it knock down pins. He claims the ball would ricochet off the pins because it was really light. Afterwards we had ice cream at Artic Circle and before we knew it Jason received a phone call from Maddie...back home.
5 comments:
Wow, those pictures are great! We should get Sophie and Maddie together to play soccer (I should have put her in this last year) since Sophie is so competitive when she plays with Marri.
We're going to host some backyard soccer parties at our house. Maybe some of that athleticism/aggressiveness will rub off on my kids. :)
I have Brody signed up for soccer this fall. (I missed the spring sign-ups) He has been talking about playing soccer for a while - I think he got that from the summers at your house!
Also my niece plays for a comp team, she loves it!
does this mean.. the sister inherets the camera?
Thanks for putting the date night together. We had a great time. Hopefully June's date will be fun too.
Post a Comment