Sunday, May 3, 2009

KoRbIn is '8'

 





      
 






Me and my little man eight years ago.

Dad and Korbin.
First time parents bought Korbin a hat, a pair of shoes and a few other things like toys. He really needed them.
 

Our new adventure was this little person...
And here he is eight years later....
Korbin and his second 8th birthday cake.
The night before he turned eight his cousins had a sleepover at our house. They brought over Guitar Hero and we all had a blast.
 On his birthday he woke up so exited to open his gift. I'm sure he figured out his gift with all the hints Maddie gave him the previous day. Stinker... 
He's in the zone in all the pictures I took. Star Wars The Clone Wars takes a lot of concentration. I tried to get a picture of something funny he was doing while he was playing but all the pics turned out really blurry. He would have a reflex of lifting up his leg as if to kick a ball ever few seconds he was playing. It was funny! As one of our family tradition on birthdays we spent the day doing whatever the birthday person wants to do. Korbin picked a lot of fun things to do.
Korbin's birthday was on a Sunday so we waited until Wed. to have his birthday party. We told him he could invite 12 friends. He made a list, I printed some invites and we drove him around to drop them off. He was on top of it, he planned the route and mapped out the houses of his friends very well. 

This is our Korbin. He does this every time we go bowling.

They all bowled, played a few games and had fun.
Boys and sports go hand in hand. They totally got into a competitive zone.
The boys we're singing Happy Birthday in a very loud way. Korbin loved it and so did all the boys.

Korbin and his 3rd birthday cake.
Korbin and his best friend Jason. Jason is a really good kid that makes us all laugh.
All the goodies Korbin got.
Surprise.... One more gift from Maddie!

She was super exited to give it to him. It wasn't much but she paid for it with her own money and hard work.I'm glad he loved it. It made his sister feel really good.
Korbin went to scouts officially for the very first time right before his party.  He was so exited! He was happy and smiled most the time. He's been counting down the days! He started at 18 days.

Korbin we love so much! You're a great example to us and we're very proud of you. We can't imagine our life without you in it. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.
With lots of love and kisses,
Mom,Dad and Maddie




3 comments:

Malinda said...

What a fun birthday! I love those baby pictures. We bought way too many baby shoes too. If I had to do it over again, my kids would all have gone barefoot for the first year! :)

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday Korbin!

Siomara, RN said...

I cant believe my little monkey is 8. I cant wait to see him