Sunday, January 18, 2009

Soup


This winter we are trying something different in our house.  Our dinner menu was becoming repetitive so I came up with the idea of soup night. A different type of soup every week. So far each one of us has at least enjoyed a few. Its been a great experience to see all of our different tastes.  I didn't notice that we have had our soup night on Tuesdays until sometime last week when I asked Jason if he wanted soup for dinner and Korbin said "No mom! It's not Tuesday". Kids do pay attention just not when you want them too. If you have great soup recipes please e-mail them to me.  
My next project is printing our blog and doing something with it. Our blog is our family journal so I want to have a hard copy for each year. Making a book was my original plan but I keep running into complications and I'm spending more time than I have doing it. I could use some ideas and/or shortcuts.
Since posting this I have been to Amity house and somehow my Tuesday soup night was a part of our conversation. Her reply was something like this 'We have Taco Tuesday at our house. Tacos at Del Taco are 3 for a $1' (if you know Amity you can picture her tone and her always graceful smile while she's telling me this). I quickly did the math in my head and found out that that her tacos are cheaper for dinner. I love Amity she always keeps me on my toes. How does she do it!?! It's a mystery to me. I might be changing our soup night for tacos soon.

4 comments:

Siomara, RN said...

My nephew is so smart! I wonder where he gets it from ;)

dcscrivy said...

I love soup night, we do that a lot in the cold winter. I will have to send you some of our favs. Good idea to make your blog into a book, my sister in law was doing that and said it was a pain because she had to re-upload all her pics. My method is I do digital scrapbooking, then I am just going to have them bound into a book.

Me, Myself and I said...

Soup night is a great idea! My Mom has a cheddar broccoli easy crock pot soup. I will have to ask her for it. Or you could stop by Bates and ask her for it.

As for blog printing, I do a little side-work printing blogs. It's 50cents a blog entry. You pay shipping fees to have the book come right to your door. Easy-peasy!

Claudy said...

Thanks for all the great ideas! I like to do things myself not because it's cheaper( Sometimes it's totally the opposite. Two years ago I spent $40 on just material and a pattern for Madisons Halloween costume) but because that's half the adventure. But if I break down Ashlie is the first person I'm e-mailing. I have photoshop I just don't know how to use it very well. Now that Crystal is my new V.T. I have no problem calling her 20 times a day for help with photoshop. Just Kidding!