Monday, January 24, 2011

Post Christmas/Santa Gifts

For Christmas Santa left great gifts.
Mads got an American Girl doll. She takes very good care of her doll 70% of the time. The rest of the time the doll is found in places where she shouldn't be. She hasn't made it into the bathtub yet which I am happy with.
 Mads loves to brush her hair a lot! Her hair started to fall out. I was told these dolls need a special kind of brush. My sister and I googled it and found out it is true, they do need a special brush. My sister had some extra time yesterday so she went ahead and planned to go to the American Girl store to buy it for Mads and then ship it to us. I thought it was a place called the Americana so I sent my sister there first. I was wrong, the store was at a different place in the opposite direction called The Grove. Ooops! Last night she called us on Skype and looked a little flustered. I guess she left at 1:30 and didn't get back to meet my mom until 6:00-6:30. After seeing Maddie's excitement she laughed her adventurous day off. My kids are lucky to have such a sweet Aunt.


Korbin got a Lego Hogwart's castle from Santa. He loves Lego's. I was somewhat worried all the pieces would end up lost or mixed in the Lego tub never to be seen again like every other set he has but no. He's taking really good care of it and plays with it on his desk where it has sat since he's put it together. This funny kid always surprises me.  The big hit this Christmas for him was some Nerf guns. Those things are cool and get used a lot  by not just Korbin. There's a lot of sneak attacks everyday.

1 comment:

dcscrivy said...

What a nice time in life, that your kids are being so responsible with their things. Can they come teach my kids?