Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Locks of Love


Mads did it! After months and months of waiting she was able to donate her hair to Locks of Love. I was nervous it wouldn't be long enough but still intended to donate whatever she had cut today since her hair just stopped growing. Luckily when we got home after her haircut we measured the length of the braid and it was longer than what was expected.
Wahoo! She's been wanting to do this for such a long time. We're glad she has good/fun friends like Emily to lead her in wanting to do something kind for someone else. Dena (our hair lady) after finding out what Mads was doing with her hair also donated her time  and didn't charge us for Mads haircut.
I had a hard time knowing this day was coming and have curled her long beautiful hair every chance I got.


All night tonight she's been brushing her hair and making remarks on how short her hair is in the back.

6 comments:

Malinda said...

Way to go Maddie! I'm excited to see the new do in real life. I can't believe how long it was!

Claudy, we have always donated to Locks of Love, but our next donations are going to an organization called Children with Hairloss. My friend's 4-year-old daughter has cancer and they got a wig from Children with Hairloss. They give wigs to kids with temporary hairloss due to chemo. It was a great thing for their family and I told her I would spread the word. So, that was me spreading the word. :)

Claudy said...

Thanks Malinda!
I told Maddie about your comment and she smiled and now we're donating to Children with Hairloss.:)

dcscrivy said...

Wow, I would love to get a wig from her hair, so thick and pretty. That is awesome that she wanted to do that. When do we get to see the after picture? And why are you leaving me in the dark about all those new and exciting changes for the new year, fill me in :)

Parry Family said...

What a sweet girl. Her hair is beautiful and who ever gets a wig out of it will be so blessed. Lexie had so much fun playing with her the other day, thanks.

Claudy said...

Crystal,
If it makes you feel better you are the first person to know of my incident on Christmas Eve:).
I'll save that post for last!

Siomara, RN said...

Im one proud Aunty. Mads is my inspiration!