Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year's

We rang in the New Year this year at my Aunt's place with my mom and sister and lots and lots of family. We had a fun sleepover. We played Monopoly and card games, watched movies and ate lots and lots of food. It was a fun night just hanging out with family!

My mom was up from California for a week. My grandma is a bit ill so it was nice for my mom to come and spend time with her and us. It was fabulous having my mom around. We didn't do much but still did a lot! I was seriously sleep deprived visiting with family on both Jason's side and my side plus trying to keep up with everything else I needed to get done. However, if I had to do it all over again I would do it in a heartbeat!

2011 has brought new things into our home. I have a new job over at the kiddos school as a part time aide. I stumbled upon it and so far so good. Then again I've done it in the past so really it wasn't anything new except I have lots of neat bonuses now. I was missing out on the good stuff and I never noticed (obviously they don't tell subs everything). It's amazing what you learn in a classroom with 20+ kids. Fun, fun memories and experiences. Classroom management is the number one thing I learned.
Also, Jason received a job offer for a different company two weeks ago. He didn't see it coming.  He ended declining the offer, we're happy with Kraft. It was nice to see someone notice all his dedication and hard work. 

As I put things into perspective the last year has really been interesting. We've had so many different events happen in our family. Some have brought tears of joy and others tears of sadness. All together we have definitely grown stronger. Jason has floored me the last year especially spiritually. He's done things he himself thought he would never try, yet he did.  I also have noticed what a good set of friends we have around here. The kids have done so well in school in the past year. Mads is more confident in her reading. Korbin is a little more outgoing with sports. 

Last but not least I completed one of my resolution for the year 2010 and this blog is it! I just have a few more catch up entries and it's done.

Resolution for 2011 is.... Organization.
 Jason and I picked the same thing as our #1 resolution for 2011, I kinda had to laugh when he told me his. It will be an interesting thing for me to start doing. Any horizontal space I consider storage space. If anyone has any tips for me please pass them along. To all my blogging friends keep up the good work. I love reading your blogs. 

No comments: