Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cheap Entertainment

We paid a visit to our local DI and found some cool stuff. We bought a bag full of Jenga pieces for a dollar and turned our Jenga set at home into what we like to call the Ultimate Jenga set.


We also purchased a puzzle for 50 cents. This is the cheapest entertainment I have ever bought when you consider the hours of time spent on it to the actual cost of the puzzle. At least 15 hours of solid entertainment! The last night the kids ended up falling asleep waiting for the grown ups to finish it up.  The puzzle is called a Impossibles puzzle with 750 pieces plus 5 extra. The cover box is deceiving and only gives you hints of the end result. We got lucky and it was all there.

Next a Star Wars 3D puzzle...The Millennium Falcon.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Dude! A 3-D Millennium Falcon puzzle! Man, I need to stop at the DI more frequently!

Malinda said...

How funny. I was just thinking, "Nate is going to be so jealous when he sees that Millennium Falcon puzzle!" I guess I was right.

Gotta love the DI!

Claudy said...

Nate and Malinda,
I just added the 3D puzzle we will be working on next on this post for the heck of it. The first two things we did find at the DI. The 3D Puzzle I bought on eBay. It was still super cheap plus it was in Ogden so we just picked it up Monday night (no Shipping charges). Do you guys want to borrow it after we're done?