Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sewing

Mads and I had a fun sewing project this past week. We used a fun pattern for a skirt just like her friend Addy has. 
 I have fond memories of both my parents teaching me how to sew about the same age as Maddie is now. I remember complaining to my mom of having nothing to do and being bored and my mom would give me long pieces of fabric and a whole bunch of button to sew on it. My parents owed a small dry cleaning/tailor shop at the time and we had an endless amount of buttons. After I mastered the button sewing skill when I would complain of having nothing to do I would be given long pieces of fabric to sew straight lines on using the sewing machine. I got really good at that as well. 
Now it was my turn to teach Maddie how to sew.




Our little skirt project lasted three nights and it was done just in time for the Primary program. She was very proud of herself when it was finished. Maddie was very precise and careful when it was her turn to sew.
Here's the end result. Cute! Cute!Cute!
The only picture I could get of Mads this morning was with a pout on her face. Sorry, she didn't get her way so she punished me back by not smiling in any of the picture I took of her. I love our Mads!!!

5 comments:

Malinda said...

I noticed Maddie's cute new skirt today and thought that you had made it. I'm so impressed that she helped.

Way to go Maddie!

dcscrivy said...

Wow, I am so impressed that she did it, good for her! And of course I think it is adorable!

Siomara, RN said...

WOW!! My niece is so talented.

behoxer said...

So cute!!!

The Lucena Family said...

I love it!!! She is very talented, I love how precise she is when she really wants to. CUTE!!!