Here's a few things that really have stuck with me the last few days and have reminded me of what's most important in life..
- A baby born still born by my one of my visiting's teachers sister. As I dropped dinner off at my friends, she showed me a picture of her and her sister holding the baby. I don't know what happened, I lost it. The picture triggered a crying spill where I had to leave her house in a hurry because of the tears I couldn't hold back. I saw so much in that picture. Sorrow,happiness,pain,faith and hope all in this simple photo. I love knowing that someday they will be together again.
- A baptism. As a convert to the church every time I witness a baptism I get butterflies in my stomach. As Maddie's friend got baptized on Saturday you could feel her smile from a mile away. I'm glad Jason and the kids came with me. It's such a cool thing to watch. I'm grateful for missionaries that give up two years of their lives so other can find the joy they have in the gospel. I love girl missionaries especially because I had two girl missionaries teach me(no offense to guy missionaries)!
- A Bishops testimony. I've never heard a bishops testimony like the one I heard on Sunday. I randomly cried for the rest of the hour. I needed to hear that trials come in all different sizes and everyone has them.
I know I take things for granted at times and I'm glad I was able to have the things above stick to me so I can be reminded of how grateful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ,for parents that raised me with love, for Jason and Korbin and Madison, for friends to share laughter with and especially for a Heavenly Father who loves me. This I'm grateful for and so much more. I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and thru all the trails we experience in this life like a death in a family,large trials,being baptized and choosing to be a member of his church he will always be there for us. Sure we'll make mistakes along the way but thanks to our savior we can repent and find our way back home.

4 comments:
Claudy,
You brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I needed to hear it today. :) You are such a great friend, and wonderful example to me. :)
What a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing! I was touched by those same three things this week.
and here i was thinking you had a sister.... hmm! interesting
Claudy thank you for sharing such a special post. It is so touching to hear your beautiful testimony.
Post a Comment