Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th Weekend

On Saturday we enjoyed the 4th of July festivities. Our day began early with Jason out the door by 8:30 and on his way to Weber's testing center and myself and the kiddos going down to the parade an hour later to try and find a spot for us. Jason called not long after the parade had started and didn't miss much candy throwing. 
The kids loved the parade and all the good stuff and the grownups decided they enjoy a parade that only last about 40 minutes, age is doing something funny to us. We'll be grumpy all the time before we know it. The place to be is in the Valley. The parade only last 10-15 minutes and if you want to be in it all you have to do is show up a few minutes early. How fun would it be to be in a small town parade. Maybe someday we'll do it.
 Following the parade we went to a bbq at the Lucena's. We spent a nice long afternoon with them, their good friends the McDowell's and Mario (Mariana's brother) for great food and visiting.

At night we walked over to the local high school to watch the fireworks. On our way back home the conversation of pie came up. The next thing we know Mario went and bought 3 pies. After more fireworks we ate our dessert. Another fun 4th of July Weekend for the books!


Sunday..
Church was very nice today all the way around. Enough for me to almost forget the little things I missed today. I had a lot of really!?! moments. It was an off day for sure. After sacrament meeting Jason made some yummy t-bone steaks for dinner,we took a nice long walk followed by a homemade banana cream pie and a little planning for our trip.
 We enjoyed some of the simple things that this country has to offer this weekend. We can't thank our armed forces enough for all the sacrifices they make on our behalf!
God Bless The USA! 

3 comments:

Malinda said...

I'm glad Jason didn't miss much of the parade. It did go on FOREVER this year . . . I think it was all of the people running for office that decided to be in the parade. Still, I'm glad to hear that you are getting old and grumpy like the rest of us. :)

I hope I didn't cause any of the really!?! moments.

Malinda said...

p.s. I love the target count. I'll try to have Ben take a few more down for you while you are on your trip.

Siomara, RN said...

what trip?