Monday, July 12, 2010

Harry Potter

The drive to Grand Junction is not long but still long enough for the kids to need something to do. Our radio options became slim and it was a choice between listening to an audiobook or static. The kids picked the first book that didn't have the name Jane Austen or Stephanie Meyer attached to it. Happy Potter book 1 was chosen. Korbin loved it! Jim Dale has done such an amazing job with the books, even Jason commented on how he nailed the character voices. Most of Korbin's free time on our trip was spent listening to the first book. He wanted to listen to the rest of the books on the Ipod but instead I had him check out the 2nd book from the Library to read when we got home from our trip. Maybe after a little reading on his own I'll let him listen to the book on the Ipod as he follows along with the book.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Ben just finished book 3 last night and is begging to read book 4. Do you guys have a different audiobook than we do? Ours is with Jim Dale. It would be cool to hear a different narrator if you have it.

Claudy said...

I made a mistake it is Jim Dale. Brad Neeley did something else I had heard about. The name must have stuck:).