Korbin is 9 years old!!!
Since CORE testing started on his b-day and continuing for the rest of the week we made things very simple and fun this year.
Korbin went to school in the morning and I tried to surprise him with McDonald's for lunch but my plan didn't work out. Buying the bike was not an easy task and while Jason and I were stuck at Sports Authority I had some friends take him lunch but by the time they got there he was done eating :) Maybe next year I'll catch him. This year was a no friend party year so instead he got a nice bike. He got his big gift right after school. He was skeptical at first but once he got the hang of it he was super exited. He likes the extra features he now has especially the gears.
We went on a bike ride up to a near by park and back. For dinner this year he asked for a Little Caesars meat trio pizza. He's had it before and liked it a lot. Bacon,sausage and pepperoni. After dinner he blew out his b-day candles on his cake and made a wish! He then opened some more gifts...clothes, a Lego set and then something extra came in the mail...his last Lego set from Lego Brick master.
Before we knew it the day was over and had an early bed time to make sure the kids got plenty of sleep before going back to CORE testing.
Happy b-day Korbin!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!!
________________________________________________________
Korbin was born on a stormy May afternoon. Since Korbin was our first child we had no idea what anything meant. We took toys for him in our diaper bag,like I said no idea.
All I did know is it would hurt a lot and I had a pep talk in the back of my mind that my mom gave me.
Jason and I checked in at the hospital at about 5AM for me to be induced. Everything was fine until about 10 and then Jason had to leave and take some finals. They gave him a pager just in case I went into labor. A little while after he left my nurse came in for a check up on me. I told her I was fine and maybe I sounded a bit nervous and/or exited. That was a bad idea she told me she needed to up my dose then to get things moving along. I didn't like her much after this.
I remember the weather being bad outside,very windy for the rest of the day and the power going out and the hospital using emergency power.
Korbin was a big baby weighing 8 pounds 11 1/2 ounces. For the first couple of months he was on the top 10% percentile on everything. He was a good baby! I was a stay at home mom from the minute he was born and while we have sacrificed a lot at times we wouldn't trade any of it for anything in the world.
I believe it was Jason who mentioned Korbin as a possible name. I kind of liked it. We moved it to the final test Jason had heard somewhere. He walked over to the stairs and yelled Korbin in a loud voice. It sounded nice as we laughed about it and that was it.
(Pictures are scanned. No digital camera back then but I do have a large scrapbook full of pictures I'll try and can some more:)
All I did know is it would hurt a lot and I had a pep talk in the back of my mind that my mom gave me.
Jason and I checked in at the hospital at about 5AM for me to be induced. Everything was fine until about 10 and then Jason had to leave and take some finals. They gave him a pager just in case I went into labor. A little while after he left my nurse came in for a check up on me. I told her I was fine and maybe I sounded a bit nervous and/or exited. That was a bad idea she told me she needed to up my dose then to get things moving along. I didn't like her much after this.
I remember the weather being bad outside,very windy for the rest of the day and the power going out and the hospital using emergency power.
Korbin was a big baby weighing 8 pounds 11 1/2 ounces. For the first couple of months he was on the top 10% percentile on everything. He was a good baby! I was a stay at home mom from the minute he was born and while we have sacrificed a lot at times we wouldn't trade any of it for anything in the world.
I believe it was Jason who mentioned Korbin as a possible name. I kind of liked it. We moved it to the final test Jason had heard somewhere. He walked over to the stairs and yelled Korbin in a loud voice. It sounded nice as we laughed about it and that was it.
(Pictures are scanned. No digital camera back then but I do have a large scrapbook full of pictures I'll try and can some more:)




1 comment:
happy birthday, monkey!
Post a Comment