Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bill Nye

As part of our family home evening last night we watched Bill Nye the science guy. Does anyone remember him? Korbin watched an episode at school and told us all about it. Jason and I use to be fans back in jr high and high school so we thought it would be fun for all of us to watch a few episodes together as a family.  Fastest way of finding something now a days is on the internet so that's what we did. We used the internet on the wii so it would be on a screen larger than our 15 inch computer screen. The picture wasn't the best but not horrible.  Korbin was so funny he insisted that we just needed to go on internet explorer since that's what a teacher told him, I'm glad he thinks this way for now. After searching a little bit on google and a father son talk about Microsoft software(we're Mac fans for those that didn't know that) we found clips that only lasted about 2 minutes on you tube. It's still cool except I think Jason and I have outgrown the music videos they show during some episodes.  

9 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

Bill Nye is awesome.

Malinda said...

Ben is a big fan of Bill Nye (surprise, surprise). I had a huge collection of videos when I was teaching school. Some episodes are definitely better than others. :)

Amy said...

We are Mac fans too! I liked Bill Nye when I was young too, and our kids still see it occasionally at school. I always forget that our Wii has internet connection, maybe we'll have to use it sometime.

dcscrivy said...

Oh yeah, I watched Bill, I can still hear the song in my head! That is funny that they watch them at school!

Natasha said...

Ha ha. Bill Nye, I remember watching episodes in 9th grade Science Class. I want to say Ms. Anderson and she hated hated me and gave me a lower grade on a project because I ate one of the marshmellows.(Which everyone else was doing too but I was the ONLY one who got in trouble). I can't remember if we had this class togther or not?

Claudy said...

I don't remember a Mrs. Anderson as a science teacher so I guess maybe I didn't have her. I do however remember a Mrs. Glassinger and how you use to correct her pronunciation of Claudy.lol. I wonder if she's still there???

Malinda said...

Claudy, I am laughing out loud. I am the Miss Anderson that your friend thinks hated her. Anderson is my maiden name. (I don't really remember her, so I doubt that I hated her.) Were you really in 9th grade when I was teaching at the junior high? How old am I?!?!?

Claudy said...

Malinda,
I didn't put the two together. I forgot you're an Anderson. I don't think you taught there when I was in Jr. High!?! No way. We'll have to do the math next time I see you. I've never had the ambition to pull out old yearbooks but maybe I'll do it when I get a chance.

Malinda said...

I started teaching in 1996. I don't remember exactly how old you are, but I'm thinking that you would have been about 15 then. Crazy.