Thursday, February 18, 2010

Field Trip


Korbin had a field trip to the environmental center. It was an all day event. We went snow shoeing and cross country skiing. It was fun and I think this is going to be something our family will learn how to do. It was just so much fun and the weather was awesome! We got plenty of exercise that's for sure.
The day started off with a quick carpool arrangement of the moms going, McDs breakfast(the bus is slow) then a drive over the pass(still got there before the bus) and a half mile walk up the actual place we needed to be at. After our walk we got a fast intro on the how to's and dont's of our activities. We then got split into three groups(on this field trip I only had Korbin to worry about and it was great). Our group first got to learn about animal tracks(this part was boring).

After learning about animal tracks we went X country skiing. This part was fun. It was tricky and Korbin was frustrated but once he got the hang of it and saw that everyone else was falling all over the place (at one point everyone was on the ground laughing hysterically)he relaxed and tried extra hard,got it and then he left me and took off.
After skiing we had a much needed lunch. Our last event was snow shoeing and this was more eventful for the kids than for the parents. All the kids took off and left the parents to struggle up the hill. They saw a moose and that made their day.
After the snow shoeing we had about 40 minutes to spare before heading back down to meet the bus so the teacher let the kids go wild and play in the snow caves and sleds. Most of these pictures where taken by my camera phone so they aren't the best.I forgot to the check the camera battery before leaving. I do this so often, I should learn my lesson one of these days.
It was a really fun day and I'm glad I got to go with Korbin. It was nice to go and do something just with him.

2 comments:

Malinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malinda said...

I love that first picture of the two of you. Very cute!

I'm glad you had fun. I'm still feeling guilty for not going. I promised Ben that Nate or I will go with him next year. :)