Friday, November 13, 2009

What are kids for!

Korbin has two friends over. As these 3 boys were sitting around doing nothing productive inside I was raking leaves outside. As I was sulking that today is Friday and Jason didn't have an early work day(Friday's are early days to compensate for late Thrusdays) I thought why am I out here freezing while I have three boys sitting inside on a nice warm couch.
So here's what happened next....
Jason isn't home but I can hear him clear as day saying 'that's why we had kids!'
The extra two kids today indirectly volunteered.
****************************************************
What did I do during this time...caught up on my e-mail and wrote this short post inside a nice warm house:)

6 comments:

Malinda said...

Way to put them to work. You can send Ben over to get an extra rake if you need it. :)

Celeste Ferguson said...

I love it, I tried to get Preston and Ty to do that earlier. :) No luck for me.

dcscrivy said...

Way to go Momma, that is the way it is supposed to be!!! The only perk to no trees in your yard is no raking!

amity said...

nice job!! i always tell my kids that is why i have them, so they can do all the housework for me. why is it that they always manage to roll their eyes and walk away when i say that? hope they got it all cleaned up for you.

Parry Family said...

Love it, love it, love it! This is exactly why you have kids. I just can't wait until mine can clean toilets!

Amy said...

I agree totally! The best is when your oldest child can change the youngest child's diapers! We took advantage of that one tonight.