Monday, November 2, 2009

Peaches

All those canned peaches might not last as long as we thought they would with Maddie around...

Last night we opened our first jar of canned peaches and loved them!  We all enjoyed our Sunday treat except Korbin. He vetoed his way out of it. He really does not like peaches. He's our picky eater, I'm getting accustomed to the look he gives us when we offer him certain foods.  That kid lives off of PB and J everyday! He reminds me so much of myself when it comes to food except I never liked PB and J growing up. Yuck.
Maddie ate about 90% of the jar of peaches in about 3 minutes and asked for more afterwards. I really wonder how she stays so skinny.
My first time canning wasn't a bad experience like I had imagined it would be like. It was messy but not as messy as some of my other projects I try. I love calling Jason and telling him my tasks and imaginative ideas for the day. Some ideas he talks me out of(safety concerns I'm sure) but for the most part he's a good hubby who endures the good results along with the bad results. The first 10 times I made homemade rolls was an interesting and expensive adventure. Also I have given up on my quest of making a great homemade pizza for a while. Thanks Callie for letting me pick peaches off your peach tree and Crystal for the apricots and Grandma E for lending me the steam canner that we used so much this summer!

2 comments:

amity said...

congrats on the peaches!!! next year we will definitely have to get together and you will have to teach me how to can them. also, i have a really easy pizza dough recipe and yummy, yummy pizza ideas for homemade pizza. i was going to make one tonight. call me if you want the recipe.

dcscrivy said...

My kids scarf the canned fruit that I did in one sitting, it is not going to last long at all. Next year I will have to step up my game and do a whole bunch so I can feel like it is really helping my food storage. I am with Korbin, I could live on PB & J, although I like many other things too. Your kids costumes look great, especially Maddie's. I have a great homemade pizza dough recipe for the bread machine if you want it, can't mess it up, we eat it all the time.