Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Salt Lake City

Today was Korbin's first 3rd grade field trip and it was like no other field trip he's been on. Our field trip started by first catching a ride on the Front Runner by the train station followed by a quick ride on Trax that took us to our final destination The Gateway. The kids had an exiting trip on both the Front Runner and Trax. Trax might have been a little bit more exiting due to the jerking of the train when it would make stops. I thought it was fun until someone landed on my toes during one of the jerks, not so fun after that for me but Korbin was having a blast!
We ate lunch by the fountain and the kids had a little free time before we headed into The Clark Planetarium. The Planetarium is a really cool place for kids to explore. I had forgotten how much fun it can be since it has been at least a year since Jason and I have taken the kids there. Anyway after a scavenger hunt of over an hour inside the planetarium we headed into one of their cool theaters for a 40 minute shows called The Ultimate Universe. The kids really enjoyed it!
Afterwards we jumped back on Trax then we jumped back on the Front Runner,were I had a 'what kind of friend do we want to be' conversation with Korbin (hate having these, not my favorite part of parenting)and the next thing I know we are back by the train station where it all began. It was a great field trip! The 3rd grade teachers really pulled it off. It was a fun trip and I can see this as being one of Korbin favorite 3rd grade memories.
We left @ 8:17 and returned back home around 4:30. It was one of those days were if the house would have been left clean and spotless it would have been clean and spotless all day:)
I think about silly things like that:)

3 comments:

EmWJ said...

I seem to be having those "what kind of friend do we want to be" with Marri as of late as well. Sigh.

Me, Myself and I said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

amity said...

it was so much fun spending the day with you and our other fun friends. it was so much fun to spend quality time with our children, also. you are such a great mom and handled the situation perfectly. i also think about having the house stay spotless while i am not at home. however, i did leave two children and a sick husband at home so needless to say i came home to a mess. all in all, it was a great day.