Today was a new experience. I was able to teach one of Korbin's 2nd grade teachers class. This year Mrs. C has moved from 2nd grade up to 5th grade. She's very well organized and loves bright pens and lots of Post It's. The day went pretty smoothly as far teaching materials went. We did have a gray hour where we entered attitude chaos mode right before lunch. After seeking and following some advice from other teachers and having a lunch break the class recovered and we finished the day with most of the kids agreeing it was a two thumbs up kind of a day. I'm hoping they remembered the two thumbs up stuff when they went home and told their moms how their day was at school. Today just flew past me.
6 comments:
Sounds like you did well. Sometimes I think "gray hours" are nobody's fault. Everybody just wants lunch to come and it's hard to keep the momentum going. Way to go for getting them back on track after lunch.
This is awesome Claudy! I bet you are a great sub. I know I could not do it. Oh and me and Jesse are going to the temple Wednesday night. I know thats only a few days away but if you would like to come with us. Email me tashiebaby5@hotmail.com
You are so brave to be a sub, I just remember how awful some kids could be when it came to substitutes. I bet you are a fun one though that everyone likes. I would probably be tempted to smack a kid, just kidding, well kind of :)
I think subbing is scary. I'm sure you did great!
YAY for you! That's really neat your subing. :) Good Luck!
you didn't tell me you subbed again. it sounds like it was an adventure. i am sure you did an awesome job and the kids loved you. what was the two thumbs up thing?
Post a Comment