When it comes to soccer this year is Maddie
a)a rebel
b)being stubborn or
c)maybe her mom is crazy
I've gone back and forth between these choices and others over the past 3 weeks. Maddie hasn't been into soccer and I didn't or couldn't understand why.Today during her game my reasoning was it's all my fault because I drilled into this poor little girl she was going to be on a team with her coach from last year and with a few cute girls she really loves to play soccer with and as it turns out she's not on that team. Her new coach is great with her and is very understanding especially today after Maddie just stood there and watched the ball go past her more than once as the other team scored and after many pleas for her to run. Let's just say she wouldn't play and she sat out half the game. I vented to Addy's mom today and she was kind enough to listen to me. Nicole was Maddie's coach two years ago. Frustration was all over me. So when Maddie asked if she could play with a friend today after the game I said NO over and over again because I felt she didn't try at all during her game so no rewards if you don't try your best. Well I should know better by now, Maddie isn't a very talkative person when it comes to expressing her feelings. She doesn't like to show certain feelings to others. A few minutes ago after another plea for a friend I told her no and why not yet again. After another emotional spill she explained to me that she doesn't know how to play this soccer and that's why she doesn't want to play. I gave her a baffled look! Crazy mom sat silent for a minutes as she recalled a conversation she had with a few friends at lunch 2 days ago. How are kids expected to play if they don't know what they're expected to do. Positions! That's what she's not getting.
We talked it over figured out the problem and hopefully figured out a solution...Sigh...this parenting stuff keeps throwing me curve balls.. Sigh...I guess we need to practice practice practice positions with friends starting tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment