Saturday, August 4, 2012

Swimming Lesson 2012

     Just wrapped up two sessions of swimming lessons for the summer as of yesterday afternoon. Our swim instructor Diane, a lady in our ward, is fantastic!
     The kids can do the crawl stroke, back hand stroke, elementary back stroke, front float and back float. I'm more relaxed in the water and even did a few dives this year. I did a decent dive and that was the end of my diving ambition after getting a lot of water in my ears. Madison's diving has been fun to watch. My visiting teachers daughter told her she wants to dive just like Madison. It was really cute. Mads likes to go deep into the pool and pop up a few yards away. Korbin's diving is great too. One of his legs would always bend no matter how many times Diane told him to keep it straight. He'll keep working on it.
Both kids like to be in the water. Hopefully, swim club for Korbin next year. Yesterday he worked on his breast stroke. It's tricky but he kind of got the rhythm of it. He just needs to practice. Both kids are fun to watch in the water.
      At the beginning of the summer I told them this was it I was done with swimming lesson however treading water and side breathing is still something the kids and I need to work on so we might be back in lessons next year.

No comments: