Jason turned 31 and had a great birthday this week!
Jason's birthday landed on a Tuesday this year. Jas was able to take a few hours off of work to sit, relax and hang out with us for his birthday. We had two cute extra guests for the night to help celebrate (our friends JD and Callie went to girls camp for our ward so we watched their girls, Lex and B). They added some giggles to our family night.
I made one of Jason's favorite foods for dinner, Cafe Rio and Quesadillas for the girls. After dinner Jason opened a few presents.
The big hit for the night was some Flarp! noise putty we got Jas. Totally an immature gift but it was a lot of fun! For dessert we made Jason's new favorite cupcake, Snickers Cupcakes. They're a labor of love but they sure taste good!
The rest of the night was spent watching The Olympics and putting the kids to bed. We let the older girls have a sleepover on an air mattress and fall asleep watching a movie. B slept on Madison's bed. Putting B to bed was a huge reminder of our kids growing up. I read a few books to her as she laid down. It brought back memories of when Jas and I use to read to our kids at bedtime, it was part of the routine. The sweetest part was the next day as I laid B down for a nap she insisted on having me read to her again. As much as I love the kids being more independent I sure do miss when they were little.
Good thing I can always go back and look at pictures and watch videos of us reading to the them.

1 comment:
Thanks for having my extras. I didn't know it was Jason's birthday or I wouldn't have asked you to watch them. They had a great time at your house, thanks again.
Post a Comment