A few months ago I started to notice some discomfort around my wisdom teeth. Weeks later it wasn't just a little discomfort, I was waking up really sore almost ever morning. To make a long story short one of my visiting teachers dad is a dentist and with her help I had my wisdom teeth pulled last week. I've had a lot of fun conversations with family and friends about having wisdom teeth removed in the last few weeks. It turns out it's more of a teen thing to do that closer to the age of 30. I've had some good laughs about it. :)
This was definitely not one of my favorite memories.
It was rougher than I though it would be, it took me a few days to get better. I started to look like a chipmunk fast on the first night (I slept with ice on my checks all night long and I've had to take pain medication every 3 hours on the dot if not sooner). Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday were bed days. I watched movie after movie, some I watched with the kids, some with Jason and most by myself and a large chuck I slept thru. Jason and the kids were GREAT and very attentive the entire time weekend to my puffy cheeks.
After watching 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding', all my thoughts have revolve around getting better so I can go and eat greek food especially with the diet I've been eating of pudding, Jello, yogurt and mashed potatoes. Even the shakes I was loving on Friday weren't that great by Saturday night. It has been 5 days since my dentist appointment and I feel much better. I still can't wait when I can sleep thru the night and most of all I'm really thankful for good friends who took the kids, brought over movies, shakes, and a dinner.
2 comments:
It's back! :) I'm glad you are feeling better. I had really planned on being a more helpful friend. Too bad my body didn't get the message and decided to be sick all week instead. I'm glad you had three great nurses at your house!
Oh yucky, I remember get my wisdom teeth out, so not fun, would have been way harder if I was a Mom at the time. Glad you are healing well.
Post a Comment